Friday 6 June 2008

Public Apology to the Red Dons



I recently stated that the Red Dons 7" 'Escaping Amman' on Deranged was "boring". I admit I was mis-guided, and the record is actually awesome. I'm issuing a full and frank apology to my friends for thinking that I would be unable to appreciate the music. When, infact, I can.

My new review is as follows:

Escaping Amman is a great record. A grower infact. At first I cast it aside, underneath a stash of Damned and Ramones records, disregarded and un-loved. I dragged it from its shell after listening to the LP (which, similarly, I never listened to after listening to this 7"), and it was really good, although had a few parts that I still don't quite *get*. I cracked on the little bit of plastic, cranked it up loud, and really can't see why I didn't like it the first time. Was I drunk? Was I still reeling from the fact that the Poison Control 7", that I got at the same time, was so unspeakably awesome. We will never know.

I have, of course, learnt from this lesson and will, in future, listen to a record fully before I jump to any rash and negligent conclusions. Sorry Red Dons. Sorry world.

1 comment:

J.W said...

...Sell Out...