Tuesday 3 June 2008

Hammer - Blue 12"

Lord know what inspired me to buy this. I think it was because Id seen it sitting in the Deranged store for ages and it intriged me, so I bought it.


This is, like Deranged say, like Gauze, or G.I.S.M. (only minus the excellent solo's). Its boss to the max. These guys really know how to shred and I think this is their 3 or 4th release, all the rest are out of print. But this is brilliant. Lyrically I havent got a clue what's going on because I just don't speak Japanese, and the lyrics sheet is also in Japanese. Now, mad props for this, I think more foreign bands should sing in their mother tongue, why the fuck should they cater to a Western Audience, we should learn their language!



But anyway, this 7 tracks on a 12" (which probably could have just been on a 7") but they're pretty damn boss, these four guys certainly know how to play, and to be honest Im yet to find a Japanese band that just doesn't blow me away with their technical ability, even if they're playing something as simple as D-Beat or Crust, they can just play, thats it, they have "THE GIFT".


Id definitely recommend getting anything you can lay your sweaty little hands on by them, because they're pretty fucking sweet and definitely 100% better then the Arctic Monkey's, Nick.


J.W [Deranged]


hoping Nick gets raped by a broken vinegar bottle and fisted with salt.



No comments: