Thursday 22 May 2008

Miami Ink

Okay. This isn't exactly 'punk', but whatever. If you haven't seen this show it's basically a show where people get tattooed and talk about why they are getting whatever tattoo and why. It's filmed in a shop on 'South Beach' Miami, and from super-models, to that guy who played Jaz Hoyt in OZ to the SxE 4lyFe dude from H2O, Miami Ink caters for a large demographic.

I don't know what appeals to me most about this show; the fact that it constantly makes me think that my Mum might die quickly, or my Uncle might die in a burning house, or that my first child will be born blind?

It might be the 'PITCHFORK HARDCORE' shirts, the desperately stale acting, the fact that the Japanese apprentice puts a 'd' on the end of apprenticed, or that it's so badly synced that one time he has a mohawk and then the next shot he's got a full head of hair?

Nope. None of them.

I guess it's a light-hearted soap-type-show where you kinda follow the lives of some dudes that do a job they love, listen to Madball, party, and flirt with hot girls. Plus Kat Von D cameos are pretty good, as she has a strange attractiveness about her. I guess it's not the most mentally scintillating show out there, but it's something y'know that covers an alternative lifestyle. There's something about it that I really like, and I think that's just it.

No comments: