Monday 5 May 2008

Henry Rollins


So, I saw Henry Rollins about a couple of months ago, and I thought I'd post a little about him. I've been a pretty big fan of his spoken word things, and I'm a fan of anyone who can fit one hundred 'fucks' into an hour and a half and of course he was in Black Flag, so that's a pretty huge selling point for me.

I think the best thing about Henry Rollins is the fact that he turns unfunny anecdotes into funny ones is pretty impressive to say the least. I mean, who could make a burning Islamabad sound funny? Heneray can.

It's not funny in the way that Ross Noble, or Jack Dee (arguably) are, but he brings in his own slant on everything he says regardless of the actual comedic element.

I'm surprised that, over the hundred hours of different spoken word stories Henry has presented, he doesn't make anything up. I mean I'm sure he ad libs his way through many shows and probably most of what he says isn't the Holy truth, but what he seems to come up with seems pretty genuine. He covers topic after topic of, mostly, useless garbage and actually makes it sound interesting. I've uploaded a bit of his stuff below, so you can get a feel of what goes on at his shows...most of his stuff is available all over the internet anyway.

This is his Think Tank Spoken Word show:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yghfcy29jmv

Generic Disclaimer: You should download this as a sample ONLY, you should delete if you don't like it, or purchase if you do.

No comments: