Saturday 29 August 2009

Insect Warfare - Noise LP


This is kinda old, kinda new. But nobodies written jack shit on this sordid little blog for fuck knows how long, and damned if I'm gonna put myself out for reviewing anything half-way relevant (although, this kinda is, but fuck it!)

This is actually a S/T LP, but its also known as their Noise LP. Because essentially that is what it is. Its 93 tracks of teeth grinding noise-grind. It lasts about 10-15 minutes too...

Imagine your listening to your favourite album being played on one of those shitty ASDA Pacific CD players at max volume. Then imagine a Meth crazed Ainsley Harriot taking said CD player, popping the cover, squeezing out a good 8 inches of his finest post-digested Carribean/Jamacian cousine into it, putting down the cover, and pressing play. Then in a explosion of PCP enduced rage forcing it into one of his patented blenders (Does Ainsley have a patented Blender? He must do). Thats pretty much what this record sounds like.

That might sound pretty negative. But the fact is, I don't really... get noise bands, I will freely admit that I skip MITB's noise tracks. But this actually intrequed me. It's prett much 93 tracks sonic bowl discharge that had me both wishing it would never end, and end very quickly (which it did, so I was both pleased and disappointed. Too much confliction for one day me thinks). Its good, its interesting stuff, and if someone who'se not overly keen on such deviant music can actually be pleased with it, then people who love this shit should bloody love it. Its both classic Insect Warfare Grind and Sonic Bowl Disrupting Noise at the same time... Plus the B-side is grooved to look like the cover (one assumes, because it certainly doesn't have any fucking tracks on it unless I'm missing something). I think this is pretty much a one-listener for me, or at least a once in a while listener. But, still, worth it.


J.W [625 Records]

No comments: