Monday 3 December 2007

Nothing Done – Power Trip LP

When I decided to check out these guys the only thing that was holding me to it was that the singer (Michiel) “Wears glasses like me”. Not meaning we had similar glasses but, just as myself, he was visually challenged.
I was at a show and there was a rather large distro and I had picked up a few pieces but realised I hadn’t searched the LP boxes, I found this and immediately bought it, got it home and put it on. Its great stuff, fast hardcore punk from the Netherlands. Stand out tracks have to be “Control” “Crackhead” and “Up to you” but each one is awesome with skilful playing and snotty angry vocals. For fans of Career Suicide, Cut the ShitCitizen Patrol (review for that coming later, can't find me spider for the middle of the record) and other fast hardcore bands but still with some melody (ie the guitars aren’t so buzz saw fast they bleed into each other) these are defiantly a group to pick up.
J. "Cant find his fuckin' spider" W [Not Just Words Records]

No comments: