Wednesday 19 December 2007

Dead Swans "Southern Blue" 7"

I dunno, I liked it. Its not been until recently that Ive gotten back into this side of Hardcore (the heavy borderline metal stuff), but its probably due to these guys. They're as I said heavy Hardcore, and basically one of the Cross Over bands, like Get Fucking Dead and Haymaker (I mean as examples of Cross Over bands, not interms of how they sound), but lyrically are all about a break up apparently, which I think its kind of cool because it displaces them from the tough guy macho shit that seems to attach itself to the Metally Hardcore bands. Oh yeah, these guys are Melodic as well. Also the vinyl is blue and black (ooh aaaah) so its kind of cool as well with some really nicely done and passionate lyrics (album artwork is also the teets).

BUY It!!

J.W [Anchors Aweigh Records]

* I've not done a bad review yet. God, how posi am I! Maybe I just like everything, God! Maybe I'm just really easy to please, I should go and buy a shit record so I can say bad things about it now...
**PS: Fuck you guys! I'm reviewing Thrash War! I just need to listen to it again...Cock knockers!

No comments: